Last Blog Reflection of the Year
* What did you learn about yourself as a reader from creating
and keeping up with your blog?
I never really focused on my reading
as much as I did with my blog. My blog gave me a reason to focus, analyze and
fully understand what I was reading. And I realized that although many people
feel that reading in this way is just over doing it and doing too much work,
but looking back at all of the work that I did for what I read, I now know that
it is definitely my way of reading to take my time at a productive pace while also
understanding and fully analyzing the text. And I read a range of types of
texts this year and learned that this type of reading, now my type of reading
works for both non-fiction and fiction texts. I realized that I like
non-fiction but especially biographies. This year I read a biography about Steve
Jobs, another about William Gates and Arthur Agee, a third about Barack Obama
and another about Michael Oher. They just contain so much information and are
relatable and meaningful. I feel that some of my best blog posts came from
these books, so that’s why they’re some of my favorite types of books.
* In what ways did you benefit from the experience?
Blogging was definitely a new experience for me
this year, although it has many similarities to today’s social media cites and
so it wasn’t very, very new to me. At
times I liked it and at other moments it just bothered me. But there are many
things that I benefitted from the experience. First, it gave me an organized
type of schedule. I posted a blog every other week and did a synthesis page
every week in between. It definitely kept me busy while I also enjoyed it.
Second, it helped me to focus while reading and analyze my reading very
precisely, something reading alone or reading with a reading log would
definitely not do. Also reading in this type of way helped me grow as a reader
and even introduced me to new ideas and genres. Third, it benefitted my reading
for the reasons that I just explained while also benefitting my writing and
analyzing.
* Is writing online different than in a notebook? In what ways?
* Is writing online different than in a notebook? In what ways?
I definitely think that writing online and
maintaining a blog is a more modern version of a notebook although at the same
time it’s also different than a notebook. You sort of try to write more professional
online, because for one thing, it is accessible to the whole world. But also,
unlike in a notebook, online you have to pay attention or maybe you don’t need
to but you tend to, pay attention to what you say. This is mostly because again
it’s accessible to the whole world. But notebooks are different, you can
definitely make them confidential and you tend to speak your mind more and just
write about whatever you want.
* In what ways can writing online be liberating? Limiting?
* In what ways can writing online be liberating? Limiting?
Writing online can be liberating because you
can speak your mind and talk about so many different things and nobody really
has the right to stop you in most cases. Liberating mean freedom and to many
people the Internet is a type of freedom, it’s the only place where they can go
to speak to others, speak about whatever they want and really see and do
whatever they want. Writing online gives them the opportunity to reach so many
people and for many is the only place where they can share their feelings and
ideas. But like Ii mentioned in the previous question it can be limiting. This
is for many reasons. The biggest of these reasons is because they have to pay
attention to what they say because any mistake, even if they didn’t mean it can
cost them a bad reputation and misinterpretations. And so they don’t have
freedom, at the same time as having freedom, to speak their minds.
* Do you think that people are more real online or do we create online personalities that project the best of ourselves? Or something else?
* Do you think that people are more real online or do we create online personalities that project the best of ourselves? Or something else?
I think online people do create a personality
that isn’t represented of them. This is
not true for all people. But, many people don’t tell you the true story about
themselves through the web. The Internet allows them to hide their flaws and
never let them slide by. It gives the opportunity for them to show what they
want and hide what they don’t. Although it’s not the right thing to do, you can
make the fake you.
* Do you think that teenagers abuse the freedom that being online gives you on sites like Facebook? Do people type things they would never say to a person's face? Do you think this is a good or bad thing? Why?
* Do you think that teenagers abuse the freedom that being online gives you on sites like Facebook? Do people type things they would never say to a person's face? Do you think this is a good or bad thing? Why?
I wouldn’t say that all teenagers abuse the use
of social media websites like Facebook. But many of the cases of bullying in
today’s society are cyberbullying. And for many of the cyberbullies they take
the freedom to write whatever they want as an advantage and don’t ever really
think about the victim. They go on talking about the person while saying things
that you know they’d never say in person. It’s such a cowardly type of move for
them to make. It really frustrates me that these bullies just don’t care about
the victim. It’s definitely a bad thing, definitely a bad way to use social media
and if this type of media only had one problem it would be that it’s used for
cyberbullying.
* Can you imagine yourself keeping up this blog or creating another one? What would it be about? What's your opinion of blogs in general and why?
* Can you imagine yourself keeping up this blog or creating another one? What would it be about? What's your opinion of blogs in general and why?
I never really felt like I was the person to
keep up with a blog and I remember being so frustrated when I figured out that
we needed to create and keep up with a
blog this year, I just didn’t imagine myself doing it or ever being a blogger.
But the experience definitely changed my view of blogs. I definitely can see
myself keeping up with this blog or creating a new one. If I were to create a
new one, I’m not sure what’d be about. I can try many things maybe sports.
No comments:
Post a Comment